Friday 13 January 2017

The Shawshank Redemption - review

Banker Andy Dufresne is handed a double life sentence when he’s found guilty of the murder of his wife and her lover despite his protests of innocence and finds himself locked up in the infamous Shawshank prison.

Determined to not be broken by his new life, Andy keeps to himself for the first few months but then finds himself making friends with Red, a fellow prisoner who is known at the fixer as he’s able to get his hands on things which prisoners want to help pass the time.

As the years roll by Andy finds himself using his skills as a banker to help him get on the right side of the guards and soon becomes a close confidante of the warden by becoming involved in setting up scams in which to funnel through money from the prison.

As well as dealing with the staff finances, Andy also campaigns for improvements to the prison library and proves that with determination and perseverance you can fulfil your wish.

This powerful drama was a movie I’d never had the desire to watch, but when I booked tickets to see a stage production, my colleagues told me I really should see the movie first. Now that I’ve seen it, I wouldn’t say I was as impressed by it as I was told I would be, but I can at least say it’s another movie I’ve watched.
AmazingCounters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment